The Lazy Spa Vegas is one of THE best selling hot tubs, and i’ts not surprising why.
Bestway’s earlier products where known to be a bit “gimmicky”, the materials would rip, the heater would break and the filter could stop working.
But we’re talking many, many years ago. Since then, they’ve perfected their hot tub’s and of their greatest has to be the Lazy Spa Vegas.
If you’re like us, you want a hot tub because it’s a great way to relax, after a hard day at work. Or better yet, it creates a good excuse to invite your friends over for a “Hot tub party”.
Nothing compares to soaking in a warm hot tub with a good group of friends. This experience use to be off limits to the general public, as to own a hot tub you’d be looking at spending between £2-4k. That, and the fact you’d need a dedicated room for the tub.
So a question came to us
“Can You Recreate a Hot Tub Experience With a Lazy Spa Vegas?”
In short, defiantly- here’s why:
- A standard £2k hot tubs recommended temperature is 38 °C, the temperature the lazy spa vegas can climb to is a relaxing 40 °C.
- Normal hot tub’s will sit 4-6 people and the lazy spa? …. you guessed it 4 – 6 ( ok it’s more like 4 grown adults or 6 children)
- A standard hot tub takes 6 hours to heat up where as a lazy spa vegas will take 10 (ok so the normal hot tub beat us there, however i’m sure you’ll agree it’s a small price to pay for the convenience)
- Average cost to run a standard hot tub is roughly £5 and a lazy spa Vegas? £7 – a £2 difference for electricity costs on a £2k hot tub.
But here’s where the lazy spa vegas beats the standard hot tub.
What can you do with a standard hot tub, when you don’t want to use it? well…. err nothing, you have to keep it there at all times. With the Lazy spa, you can just pack it away into it’s box and store it somewhere (anywhere conveniently).
The great thing about our lazy spa is that it takes 10 minutes to self inflate, so it really doesn’t require much setup. On top of that with a standard hot tub, you have to lay plumbing, install it into a room …. and then you have to awkwardly filly it up and even more awkwardly, empty it.
The Lazy Spa, comes with many useful features, such as:
- Digital Control Panel – Heat Water Up To 40 °C
- Timer – Set When You Want Your Hot Tub to Heat Up
- Large Capacity – Fit Up to 4 – 6 people
- Massage System – Activate 81 Powerful Air Jets to De Stress
- Easy Set Up – Spa Will Inflate Within 10 Minutes By Itself
- Sturdy Internal Structure – Hot Tub Feels Solid and Rigid
- Water Filtration System – Keep Your Hot Tub Clean With Advanced Water Filter
- Leatheroid Cover – Keep Your Hot Tub Warm When You’re Not In It
- UK Support Team – Solve Any Issues You May Have
All that for an affordable price, neat huh?
We first discovered the lazy spa vegas after seeing it on Channel 4’s The Gadget Show, it was reviewed as a “must have gadget”, and yeah we agree. After viewing it we thought “we must have that”.
Whats Our Experience Been Like?
Surprise, we have also owned the lay-z-spa pairs. which costs an additional £100 as is said to be the best blow up hot tub. And we loved that hot tub, the relaxing bubbles, the surprisingly large space and the little maintenance that’s involved.
However for an additional £100, we don’t think it’s any better than the lazy spa vegas.
All you get is some LED light’s, sure they look good but you could easily buy some hot tub accessory lights for £20 and have the same experience.
And the experience itself?
We’ve enjoyed it a lot, but before we get to why that is, we do have to say one thing. The set up could be faster. Sure it self inflates in 10 minutes, but then you have to fill the hot tub (1-2 hours) and then you’ve got to wait 10 hours for it to heat up. So let’s say you’ve got a garden party you want to trial this with?
You’d have to start preparing it at 9 in the morning, if you want it ready for 9 in the evening. And even earlier, if you want it ready earlier.
However when it’s set up, it’s been a lot of fun. the material is soft but very strong. The water actually bubbles like a real hot tub, and includes a very relaxing massage system. Which is similar in strength to the types of hot tubs you may have experienced on holiday before.
What Are The Reviews Saying?
The hot tub has been featured on amazon’s best selling hot tubs in 2015/2016, with an average star rating of 4.3/5 out of 201 reviews. Not bad, if people had an issue with this tub, i’m sure we’d here about it.
There are some 1 star reviews (naturally). The reviews are about standard wear and tear. Caps leaking air, Filter’s not picking up dirt, pumps breaking. That’s expected with most products (and you can read the reviews of standard hot tubs, saying the exact same, so you risk this with most hot tubs.
Having said that Bestway the manufacturer of lazy spa, will still give you replacements, which is exactly what you want to hear when you make an investment into an inflatable hot tub.
There’s quite a funny comment. The one issue this person has is the cost to run the hot tub. There answer to the problem? Don’t waste your money, save up a few thousand and get your hands on a real hot tub?? – Yeah i’m sorry but in the effort to save a few extra pounds a week, we’ll give it a miss thanks.
- Max People: 4 – 6 Adults
- Capacity of Water (80%): 848 L
- Size of Tub: 196cm x 61cm
- Weight: 1,100kg
- Voltage: 220-240V~50Hz, 2,050W at 20C, Class II
- Water Flow: 1,325L/h (350 Gal/h)
- Max. Heat Available: 40C
- Awards: CE/GS approved
- Box Size: 1 Box at 84cm x 51cm x 63cm